OnlineAthens and the Athens Banner-Herald are accepting applications for spring semester internships in the following areas:
• Sports: Interns will work closely with the sports editor on the sports desk and promote sports content through social media.
• Online news: Interns will work closely with the online content staff posting stories to the website, promoting content through social media, working with HTML code, writing posts on AthensTalks.com and other various duties.
• Editorial: Interns will work with the managing editor to create content for the daily edition of the Athens Banner-Herald. Bylined articles may be possible. Submit writing samples with application for consideration.
• Marketing: Interns will work with the director of marketing and engagement to help promote the OnlineAthens and Athens Banner-Herald brands through voice in social media and online.
• Digital media: Interns will work directly with the Digital Media Works department learning how to design websites and upgrade existing ones. Experience required.
• Video Production: Interns will work with the Banner-Herald’s video producer to create videos for the website and other various platforms. Experience required.
• Magazine: Interns will work with the content director to produce content for Thrive and Athens magazines and update the magazine website. WordPress experience preferred.
• Graphic Design: Interns will work closely with news and advertising leaders to produce graphics for use in the print product of the Athens Banner-Herald. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a must.
To apply for any of these internships, candidates:
• Must be enrolled in a college or university;
• Must be able to work a minimum two days each week and at least four hours per day;
• Must be majoring in a related field.
To apply, send a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com by Dec 3. Please include the position you would like in the subject line of the email.
The cover letter should include the internship for which you are applying, a brief description of career goals and past experience, if any.