Communications and Marketing Internship
Position Summary :
US Sailing is seeking candidates for a Communications and Marketing Internship position this fall and possibly beyond. The role of the Marketing Department is to fully support and promote US Sailing’s broad range of programs, services and events. The intern will assist primarily in communications efforts, including coverage of US Sailing Championships, social media, website maintenance, and other department outreach initiatives.
- Write and edit press releases and announcements
- Manage US Sailing Blog content
- Manage US Sailing social media channels
- Assist with digital communications
- Coverage support and research for US Sailing events
- Assist in development and execution of communications plans
- News coverage tracking
- Website Maintenance
- Media list building
Skills & Requirements:
- Self motivated while thriving in a team setting
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and knowledge of standard web content management systems
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Knowledge of the sailing industry
- Strong problem solving and follow through on projects and tasks
- Possess the highest integrity and values consistent with those of US Sailing
- Ability to manage non-traditional work schedule when necessary, that includes occasional weekend work.
- Work hours and schedule are flexible
Start & Finish Dates are Negotiable
US Sailing provides a vibrant work environment that values creativity, teamwork and respect. Qualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.